Monday, July 20, 2009

If an IT Geek finds an underwater treasure...

Well, as usual I have been the laughter of the pack, as I got my diving gear on for a daily dip in the well crowded "Kerpe" beach.

It was a very hot Saturday, sun was burning down at 38 Celsius, there was no option. Underwater was the coolest place. No, no airtanks...Just a mask, snorkel and flippers. well the deeps were sandy and clear minor splashes of waves.

So I left the pack who were interested in watching dirty sea weeds instead of fish, but about 10 yards out I saw a small object that seemed quite familiar to my eye...My first reaction was..."Naaah, it can't be !", eventually I started circling around it like a shy shark, observing its pray...

I must of been at least 3 meters deep, but I had to check it out. Filling with air, I made for the deep dive...As I got closer to it, my heart started beat faster in puzzlement !

While I touched it, my sense of humor made me burst out laughing with a burp of air...
Its..its... a HP 914c Handheld !! What the hell is a HP 914c doing 300 km out of Istanbul, on a small cove, about 50 meters offshore ? And 3 meters deep under water !!!

As I was running out of air, I made my way up smoothly without knowing the consequences of my great treasure hunt !

I couldn't believe my eyes, when I reached the top, I took off my mask to give it another glance..yes ! it was a HP 914c Handheld ! I had to share it with my mates...but would they believe me ? They had to, as I wouldnt wet a handheld just to show off...They had to believe me !

So I rapidly swam ashore in total dazzlement. As I was climbing ashore onto the rocks few kids gave me a gaze, saying, "oh is that waterproof ?"...I didnt answer...

When I got next to my pack, I screamed out " I found a treasure in the water..."

Noone reacted...thats weird...one of them actually said "What did you find ? A Commodore 64 ?"

I replied, "NO ! An Ipaq 914c !!" Now, I caught all their attention ! I carefully handed over the water dripping Ipaq, which they started taking from hand to hand..Of course there was a burst of laughter...What can actually a geek find underwater ? Teasure ? Very unlikely...Ipod nano ? Most likely....

No comments:

Post a Comment